Leave a Legacy to SOS Africa
Have you ever considered leaving a legacy to an African education charity; after all what better legacy to leave than the education of a child?
Whether you are passionate about the cause or want to give back to the country you love, you can leave a legacy which could transform the future of an underprivileged African child.
Alternatively you can donate directly to our African charity today
The size and form of the donation is entirely up you. By leaving SOS Africa £240 you will pay for a child’s tuition for a year, £600 would include their care as well. Equally a donation of £3000 would pay for a child’s tuition for the duration of their school education, from reception through to grade 12. Whilst £8000 would also provide for their school uniform, stationery, transportation and after-school care for the full 13 years.
SOS Africa is also happy to provide feedback to your family on the difference your donation has made. For example, if you decide to support the education and care of an SOS Africa child, we can update your family on their progression through school.
How do I leave a gift to SOS Africa?
- Update your will with the details of the legacy you would like to leave to SOS Africa – perhaps with family consultation so that they are aware of your intention to leave a legacy to our African charity.
- Ensure you include the charity’s full details (further guidance should be provided by your solicitor or will writer):
Charity Name: SOS Africa
Registered Charity Number: 1105747
Charity Telephone: 01749344197
Charity Address: SOS Africa, 21 High St, Shepton Mallet, Somerset, BA4 5AA
- If you have already included a legacy to SOS Africa in your will, we would appreciate it if you could contact us to let us know.
What type of gift could I leave?
There are a variety of gifts which you could leave to our African charity:
- A Pecuniary Gift: Donate a sum of money to SOS Africa.
- A Residuary Gift: Leave a share or the remainder of your estate to SOS Africa.
- A Specific Gift: Donate a specific item, e.g. a piece of antique jewellery or furniture. This could then be sold to raise funds for the SOS Africa Charity children.
- A Gift in Trust: Donate money towards a specific aspect of our work, e.g. towards a school bus for transportation.
We would greatly appreciate any form of support you might be able to provide; because SOS Africa is a small grass roots organisation, your legacy will make a lasting impact upon the support we are able to provide to Africa’s future generations.
If you would like to find out more about leaving a legacy to our African education charity, you can either call or email the charity’s Director, Matt Crowcombe: 01749344197 / firstname.lastname@example.org.